SCI Scholars is offering a summer internship for chemistry and chemical engineering undergraduates.
The program is a joint effort of the Society of Chemical Industry (SCI) America International Group, the American Chemical Society (ACS), and the American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE), and was developed to introduce chemistry and chemical engineering students to careers in the chemical industry. Exceptional sophomores and juniors with a GPA of at least 3.5 and who are majoring in chemistry or chemical engineering are encouraged to apply.
- Thirty scholars will be chosen for internship positions in the summer of 2012.
- SCI Scholars receive $6,000-$10,000 for a ten-week internship.
- Students will be awarded a certificate and an additional $1,000, which can be used for any purpose, such as participation at an ACS or AIChE meeting.
- Scholars nominate a high school chemistry teacher for recognition. Teachers will be awarded a certificate from SCI and $1,000, which can be used for professional development or classroom materials.
- Applications are due December 16, 2011.
- Interested students should visit www.acs.org/sci to fill out an application and get more information.
For more information, read the SCI Program Flyer (PDF at www.acs.org/sci).