Conducts analysis through research, gathering and interpretation of data, development of alternatives and recommendations. Presents analysis and recommendations to management and may implement selected alternative. Analyses include, but are not limited to, feasibility studies, cost/benefit analysis, trending/forecasting, financial analysis, budget analysis and reporting. Specifically, this position will provide professional level services for ensuring the company complies with regulatory requirements of Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), state and federal laws and regulations relating to hydropower, generation, or transmission operations.
Responsibilities of the Environmental Analyst position include the following:
- Monitor the performance of the water treatment plants at both sites and manage the interface with the water treatment service providers.
- Monitor environmental data collection and ensure that reporting is carried out in accordance with company policy and state regulations.
- Analyze financial analyses of environmental impacts on business operations.
- Analyze budget forecasts and actual performance of budgeted activities for assigned environmental services.
- Participate in trade associations and various task forces to assist in the development of environmental laws and regulations.
- Provide accurate input into the budget process and contribute to meeting the actual targets.
- Provide environmental support to the thermal plants.
In addition to the above, the responsibilities of the Senior Environmental Analyst position include the following:
- Provide technical leadership and support to operations and engineering staff.
- Perform complex environmental work requiring the considerable exercise of independent analysis and judgment in environmental services.
- Develop an improve methods and procedures to ensure appropriate regulatory and company compliance.
- Supervise consultants and contractors to ensure that obligations, requirements, and compliance are met.
- Develop company policies and procedures on environmental matters.
- Work as a liaison between regulatory agencies and other company departments.
- Manage environmental activities of consulting firms.
- Prepare budget forecasts and actual performance of budgeted activities for assigned environmental services.
- Provide technical input to assist in development of project planning.
- Deliver training and education to operations staff and management.
- Ensure that environmental data collection and reporting is carried out in accordance with company policy and state regulations.
- Report issues and problems via SAP maintenance management system.
Requirements for this position at the Environmental Analyst level include the following:
•Bachelor’s Degree in Physical Sciences, Environmental Sciences or Engineering; or the equivalent combination of related education and experience.
•A minimum of three years experience in environmental or regulatory matters. (Compensation will be commensurate with appropriate grade level).
•Working knowledge and understanding of environmental issues and the company’s business processes.
•Data gathering, analysis, interpretation, trending, forecasting, and modeling skills.
•Knowledge of applicable company policies and procedures; applicable federal, state, and local governmental laws and regulations.
•Proficient with the use of personal computers including spreadsheet, database, word processing, and presentation applications to gather, analyze, and model information.
•Communication and interpersonal skills including ability to consult with internal and external customers regarding matters/issues which may be sensitive in nature.
•Ability to work with all levels of an organization including people with different styles and backgrounds; ability to work as a member of a team.
* Ability to present alternatives and recommendations.
•Some travel required.
Preferences for the Environmental Analyst:
•Training of plant technicians in plant chemistry operations.
•Experience with environmental management monitoring and reporting.
•Specialized knowledge of air or water issues.
In addition to the above, requirements for the position at the Senior Environmental Analyst level include the following:
• A minimum of five years experience in environmental or regulatory matters.
• Advanced technical knowledge and understanding of environmental issues and the company’s business processes.
• Experience in environmental management and reporting, including auditing and training.
• Ability to develop and present training to appropriate field personnel.
• Ability to prioritize workload under pressure.
• Project management skills including project leadership, task identification, scheduling, and cost/expenditure identification.
Preferences for Senior Environmental Analyst:
Interested? Apply online: http://www.pacificorp.com/car/