- ChEn 1703 – Introduction to Engineering Computing
- ChEn 3603 – Mass Transfer & Separations
- ChEn 2450 – Numerical Methods
- ChEn 6603 – Multicomponent Mass Transfer
- Email: James.Sutherland@utah.edu
- Office: INSCC 360, (801) 585-1246
- Mailing Address:
50 S Central Campus Dr,
The University of Utah
Salt Lake City, Ut 84112
- Curriculcum Vitae
James Sutherland joined the Faculty at the University of Utah in October, 2006. Prior to his appointment at the University, Dr. Sutherland was a post-doctoral researcher in the Thermal/Fluids Computational Engineering Sciences department at Sandia National Laboratories.
Dr. Sutherland’s research is in the area of combustion simulation. Specific areas of research interest include multiscale turbulence/chemistry interaction, software design for CFD applications, smart algorithm and model design.
Dr. Sutherland’s personal interests include backpacking, boating and hiking.