Submit homework assignments here. By submitting homework, you certify that your solution represents your own work.
Please submit a separate report for each problem!
If you have trouble uploading your assignment, please immediately.
To receive credit for a homework assignment, ensure that you follow these rules:
- Homework solutions must be submitted electronically (see the syllabus for more information).
- Please note that if you make multiple submissions, only the LAST submission will be graded, so be sure to include all files in that submission.
- Solutions will be posted shortly after homework is due. No late homework submissions will be accepted unless arrangements are made prior to the due date with Prof. Sutherland.
- Unless stated otherwise in the homework problem, provide a separate report for each problem.
- Reports should be submitted in PDF format. Also submit any supplementary files (e.g. Matlab scripts or Excel worksheets) that you use to solve the problem.
- Reports should contain a brief description of the problem, a description of how you solved it, and a discussion of the results. Also include relevant figures, tables, etc.
Click here to view graded homework assignments.
- (5 pts) Due Monday, January 9 by 5:00 PM: complete this survey
- Homework 2 due Monday, January 23 by 8:30 AM. Here is a template for part of problem 3 that may be helpful (it can also be adapted for problem 2).
- Homework 3 due Monday, January 30 by 8:30 AM. You will need data files for problem 3. Here is one for use with matlab, and one for Excel. If you choose to use matlab, here is a snippet of a file that will load the data for you.
- Homework 4 due Monday, February 6 at 8:00 PM. Here is a short screencast that may be helpful for problem 1.
- Homework 5 due Wednesday, February 15 at 8:30 AM.
- Homework 6 due Monday, March 6 at 8:30 AM.
- Homework 7 due Tuesday, March 21 at 7:00 PM. Here is a ternary diagram you can use for the last problem.
- Homework 8 due Friday, March 31 at 6:00 PM.